Higgins Announces Funding for Airports in LA-03
WASHINGTON, DC - Congressman Clay Higgins (R-LA) announced today that six 3rd District airports will receive over $3.4 million in federal funding from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
The grants will provide economic relief funds for costs related to operations, personnel, cleaning, sanitization, janitorial services, debt service payments, and combating the spread of COVID-19 at the airports. Additionally, the funding will be used to support the FAA’s contract tower operations at Acadiana Regional and Chennault International. The grants include:
- $2,289,820 for Lafayette Regional Airport.
- $1,021,081 for Lake Charles Regional Airport;
- $57,162 for Chennault International Airport;
- $57,162 for Acadiana Regional Airport;
- $13,000 for Southland Field; and
- $13,000 for Harry P. Williams Memorial Airport.
Congressman Higgins issued the following statement:
“Government-mandated travel restrictions have injured many of America’s airports, including those in Louisiana. These grants provide economic relief, protect jobs, and help airports adapt to COVID-19 realities. We’ll continue to support Louisiana’s local and regional airports.”