- Individual must be a Veteran
- Individual must be VA health care eligible
- Individual must be homeless (*or homeless before entering a transitional living program)
- Individual must be in need of ongoing case management services
- Any questions about the referral process or the status of a referral should be sent to GLAVASHRefer@va.gov or contact your nearest Veterans Service Office.
Many Veterans face challenges throughout their lives that may lead them to lose their home, eventually becoming homeless. VA recognizes that every homeless Veteran’s story is different, including their specific needs to help them get back into permanent and stable housing. There are many VA benefits that may support your specific needs, so it is important you know what benefits you may be eligible for. See all VA programs for veterans facing homelessness on the federal VA website, or visit your local Parish Service Office to find the local resources you need.
Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs (LDVA) proudly operates five state-of-the-art Veterans Homes across the state. These homes are located in Jackson, Bossier City, Monroe, Reserve, and Jennings. For more information, please visit the LDVA website.
The Louisiana Housing Corporation works with lenders to provide VA home loans with down payment and closing cost assistance. For additional information, visit their website.
The property tax for Veterans rated with 50% or greater disability is frozen at the current rate, this also applies to spouses of deceased disabled Veterans. There are income limits and other qualifications, check with your local assessor’s office to see if it is available in your parish. Visit the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs website https://vetaffairs.la.gov for additional benefits assistance.