Submit a Claim

Disability Compensation & Related Benefits


  • You will need to fill out pages 5-8 the Notice To Veteran of Evidence Necessary To Substantiate A Claim For Veterans Non Service-Connected Pension Benefits
  • There are two processes by which your claim can be processed: the Standard Claim Process and the expedited Fully Developed Claim (FDC) process.
  • Submit simultaneously with your claim:
    • All necessary income and net-worth information; AND
    • All, if any, relevant, private medical treatment records and an identification of any relevant treatment records available at a Federal facility, such as a VA medical center
  • You can mail your application to the Pension Management Center (PMC) or visit your local regional benefit office and turn in your application for processing.
    • Milwaukee Pension Center; P. O. Box 5192; Janesville, WI 53547-5192
  • Report for any VA medical examinations VA determines are necessary to decide your claim.
  • For assistance filling out this form, please contact my office.

Dependency, Death Pension, & Accrued Benefits

Checking the Status of a Claim

I am registered for eBenefits.

I am not registered for eBenefits.

Appeal a Claim that has been Denied

Complete pages 3-4 of the VA Form 21-0958-ARE, Notice of Disagreement.

  • Please complete pages 3-4 of this form.
  • Once complete, follow the instructions included with the letter notifying you of the decision on your claim.

If you submit any evidence or request that VA obtain any evidence for you after receiving your Statement of the Case, you may receive a Supplemental Statement of the Case after your local VA office reviews that evidence.

  • If you disagree with the Statement of the Case and would like to appeal to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, file a Substantive Appeal. At this time, you can also choose whether you want an optional hearing before a Veterans Law Judge.
  • You have one year from the date of the letter notifying you of the original decision on your claim or 60 days from the date of the letter accompanying the Statement of the Case, whichever provides you with more time.
  • Complete pages 1-2 of the VA Form 9: Substantive Appeal
  • Once complete, follow the instructions included with the letter notifying you of the decision on your claim.
  • Contact your nearest district office for help with this process.