Summer Session I: May 28 - June 28, 2019 (deadline to apply is April 1, 2019)
Summer Session II: July 1 - August 2, 2019 (deadline to apply is May 1, 2019)
Internship positions in the Office of Congressman Clay Higgins give college students the opportunity to gain valuable skills and insight into the daily functions of a congressional office. Students will assist staff with daily tasks, including but not limited to front office duties, Capitol tours, legislative research, and media outreach. Internships are unpaid, but college credit may be available.
- Each D.C. intern will assist the Staff Assistant with the general daily operations of the office, including greeting visitors, answering telephones, giving Capitol tours, and other daily activities.
- Each D.C. intern will have an opportunity to work with a legislative staff member on such duties as legislative research, responding to constituent mail, and meeting/hearing preparation.
- Each D.C. intern will have an opportunity to work with the Press Secretary on media outreach, preparing press releases, social media, and videography.
- Each D.C. intern will shadow Congressman Higgins for at least one day when the House is in session.
- District Office interns will have an opportunity to work with Caseworkers on duties such as writing constituent letters and participating in constituent meetings.
- District Office interns will have an opportunity to work with the Field Representatives on duties such as attending meetings, assisting with the planning, preparation and execution of Member events and appearances, and working on special projects, research and assignments.
Our office offers internship opportunities in the Washington D.C. and Lafayette offices during the spring, summer, and fall semesters. Applications for the spring and fall semesters are accepted on a rolling basis. You may complete the application form at the bottom of this page, or you may mail a printed application and supplemental materials to the office for which you are applying. To be considered for an internship, your application must include:
- Internship Application Form
- Three Letters of Recommendation (at least one from a professor)
- A Recent Writing Sample (class assignments no longer than two pages are preferred)
**Once your application has been received, you will be contacted via email regarding our interview process. To be eligible for a D.C. internship, applicants must be 21 years of age before the start date of the internship. To be eligible for an internship in the District Office, applicants must be 18 years of age.
Complete the Application Online:
* marks required fields of data.