Rep. Higgins Issues Statement on Passage of the American Health Care Act
WASHINGTON D.C. - Rep. Clay Higgins (R-LA) issued the following statement about his support for H.R. 1628 - The American Health Care Act of 2017.
“For seven years, Obamacare has devoured itself, collapsing and leaving American families with fewer choices, higher premiums, and crushing deductibles. Today, we fulfilled a promise to the American people to restore the free market and provide greater access to cost-effective health insurance.
The American Health Care Act:
- defunds Planned Parenthood,
- repeals the individual and employer mandates,
- repeals nearly $1 trillion in Obamacare taxes,
- brings insurance providers back to the marketplace and lowers premiums,
- maintains coverage for pre-existing conditions,
- preserves the ability for parents to keep children on their health plan until age 26,
- restores governance power to the 50 sovereign states, adding flexibility to respond to their own unique challenges.”