Higgins Announces Funding for Dredging, Waterway Projects
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Clay Higgins (R-LA) announced today that South Louisiana waterway projects received significant funding in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers FY 2021 Work Plan.
For Operation & Maintenance, projects in Louisiana’s 3rd District were awarded:
- $22.992 million for the Atchafalaya River & Bayous Chene, Boeuf, and Black;
- $30,000 for the Bayou Teche and Vermilion River;
- $50,000 for the Bayou Teche;
- $43.496 million for the Calcasieu River & Pass;
- $7.577 million for Freshwater Bayou;
- $12.393 million for the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway; and
- $1.88 million for the Mermentau River.
For Construction, projects in Louisiana’s 3rd District were awarded:
- $9 million for Calcasieu River & Pass.
Congressman Higgins issued the following statement:
“The Corps’ 2021 Work Plan provides significant funding for dredging and waterway maintenance projects across South Louisiana. Funding levels for the Atchafalaya and Calcasieu river projects represent a sizable increase over the President’s budget request and will help to better address dredging needs in those areas. Support for our ports and waterways remains a top infrastructure priority for my office.”