WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Clay Higgins (R-LA) joined his House Freedom Congress Members to demand significant fiscal reforms before considering a vote to fulfill America’s debt obligations.
“Government spending is out of control. From woke agendas to burdensome regulations, the Biden Administration continues to fight against the American people,”said Congressman Higgins. “We can no longer afford to continue spending at uncontrollable rates. We have to cut wasteful spending and decrease the size of the government. We must shrink Washington and grow America.”
Budget measures include:
- Rescinding unobligated, unspent COVID-19 funds
- Recouping the $80B in IRS expansion and cancelling the hiring of 87,000 new IRS agents
- Rescinding billions of wasteful woke Green New Deal spending
- Reducing topline government spending to pre-covid levels
- Establishing a clear trajectory towards a balanced budget
- Ending oppressive federal regulations
Read the proposal here.