Acadia Parish Police Jury 337-788-8861
Available by appointment
distributing 6:30am-5:00pm Mon-Thurs; 6:30am-12:00pm on Friday
limit 12 bags per household servicing rural areas only. Must present driver’s license
Branch Barn 337-334-3103
114 Bias Rd
Crowley Barn 337-788-1020
247 Roller Rd
Iota Barn 337-779-2850
540 Kennedy Ave
City of Crowley 337-788-4100
Distributing at the Public Works building 220 Jack Mitchell Dr.,
7am to 3pm
must have DL showing Crowley address, limit 6 bags per household
Village of Morse 337-783-7555
distributing at 215 S. Jules Ave
1pm – 4pm
limit 4 bags per household, must bring shovels
City of Rayne 337-334-3121
The City of Rayne will have sand bags available for Rayne residents (with Driver’s License ) approved proof of residence Limit 5 bags per house. The pickup point will be at the Pavilion on Frog Festival Drive. Rayne Police Dept. will provide inmates to assist loading bags as they also will bag backup supplies as needed to expedite the process. Times of distribution will be updated.
Six sandbags are allowed per household ( with Driver’s License ) approved proof of residence. The pickup location will be at the city barn, 411 POW MIA Memorial Drive. Must fill your own sand bags, bags, sand and shovels will be provided.
- Oakdale – Parish Barn, 518 HWY 1152
- Oberlin – Parish Barn, 1217 Cottongin Road
- Kinder – Parish Barn, 203 S. 10th Street
Residents must bring their own shovel.
- Maintenance yard, near the airport at 1203 3rd Avenue, DeRidder.
The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury will open all parish sand bag locations Sunday, August 27 at 8 a.m., weather permitting. Crews will restock and remain through the day as long as weather permits.
If flooding occurs, Public Works crews, manning the sand bag sites, will be needed for road closures and other flood-related duties. If that situation arises, the sites will no longer be restocked.
At the Burton Complex, the site will close today at 5:30 p.m. and open Sunday at 8 a.m., weather permitting. The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury, along with the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office and Louisiana National Guard, opened the pre-bagged sand bag distribution site at the Burton Complex today.
Other sites will stay open today as long supplies last:
- Ward One Barn- 461 Parish Road, Moss Bluff
- Ward Three Old Barn- 2320 Smith Road, Lake Charles
- Ward Three Barn- James Sudduth Parkway behind 5500 B Swift Plant Road, Lake Charles
- Ward Eight Barn-1726 Parish Barn Road, Iowa
- Ward Four/Sulphur PD- Sulphur PD parking lot Live Oak and Burton streets
- Ward Five- Corner of Berry and Third streets, Starks
- Ward Seven/Vinton (Edgerly) Fire Station- 2205 LA 388, Vinton (Edgerly)
- Ward Seven Fire Dept.- 2815 Foreman Road, Vinton
- Ward Six Barn- 1275 Plum Street DeQuincy
- Ward Two Barn- 7085 LA14 East, Hayes
Iberia Parish President M. Larry Richard would like to announce that sand and sand bags are available at the following locations:
• B.O.M Fire Station
• Grand Marais Fire Station
• Coteau Fire Station
• Rynella Fire Station
• Delcambre City Barn
• Loreauville Park
• Lydia Fire Station
Shovels will not be provided and residents should be prepared to fill their own sandbags.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Iberia Parish Public Works Department at (337) 364-8474.
City of New Iberia
- 907 Fulton Street from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday, August 25. Filled sandbags will be handed out. Citizens are asked to approach the facility from the North Street side.
- Acadian Ballpark 401 N. Landry Drive. Shovels will not be provided at this location, residents should be prepared to fill their own bags. The city asks those wanting sandbags enter on Landry Drive and exit on Halphen Street to help the flow of traffic.
JEFF DAVIS PARISH
Jefferson Davis Parish Police Jury is making sandbags and sand available to residents of Jefferson Davis Parish. Self-service sandbags and sand are being made available in the following locations
-Jennings Police Jury Road Yard on Airport Road
-Lake Arthur Community Center
-Woodlawn Fire Station
-Welsh Police Jury Yard across from Welsh Community Center
-Hathaway Fire Station on Hwy 102
-Fenton Police Jury Yard on Estes Road
-Lacassine Fire Station Station 17155 Hwy 90
-Elton City Hall
Lafayette Parishresidents wishing to sandbag their property may access sandbags at one of two locations: North District sandbagging is at the compost facility, located at 400 Dugas Road off of N. University and South District sandbags will be available at 1017 Fortune Road in Youngsville. Sandbags will be available in Lafayette Parish seven days a week during daytime hours at the two separate locations.
The two sites are “self-bagging,” meaning the bags and sand are provided to Lafayette Parish residents free, at no charge, but residents will need to supply their own manpower and shovel(s). Residents are asked to limit their sandbags to four bags per exterior door, with a maximum of 20 sandbags per household.
Residents wishing to sandbag their property may access sandbags at one of three locations:
- Blackham Coliseum, located at 2330 Johnston St., access from Cajundome Blvd. (temporary, emergency location)
- LCG Compost Facility, located at 400 N Dugas Rd., off North University Ave. (permanent, regular sandbag site)
- South District sandbag site, located at 1017 Fortune Rd. in Youngsville (permanent, regular sandbag site)
Although the sites are “self-bagging,” LCG employees are available at the three locations to assist the public until dark. Residents will still have access to the three sites even after dark.
For each of the sites, sand and bags are provided to Lafayette Parish residents free, at no charge, but residents will need to supply their own manpower and shovel. Residents are asked to limit their sandbags to four bags per exterior door, with a maximum of 20 sandbags per household.
City of Broussard:
Sandbag locations are at the following locations: 1) Behind City Hall, 2) At the Community Center and in 3) Deer Meadow Subdivision. Open 24 hours.
Sand bags will be available in Scott Friday, August 25, 2017 until 4 p.m. On Saturday, August 26, 2017 and Sunday, August 27, 2017 a sand pile in front of the maintenance building will be available to bag your own, bring your own shovel. Limit three per door.
The City of Scott will resume handing out sandbags at 8 a.m. on Monday, August 28, 2017. A valid ID with an address in the Scott City limits and/or a utility bill from the City of Scott must be shown.
ST. LANDRY PARISH
The St. Landry Parish Government Public Works will have the Yambilee Building sandbag operation location at 1939 West Landry St. in Opelousas open today and over the weekend from 7:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. for those parish residents needing sandbags. This will be a fill your own site, so residents are asked to bring their own shovel and be prepared to fill their own bags. Sand and bags will be available.
This site is open to all St. Landry Parish residents.
In Eunice, sandbags will be available to residents for pickup starting at 1:00 p.m. August 25, 2017, until further notice.
Locations will be at The Northwest Community Center Pavilion (651 Samuel Drive in Eunice) This is a fill your own site. Sand and bags will be available, but residents need to bring a shovel.
In the Town of Grand Coteau, sandbags will be available Friday from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. behind the police station (438 E M.L.K. Drive, Grand Coteau, LA 70541). Bring your own shovel, and be prepared to shovel your own sand. Some sandbags will already be bagged for the elderly.
ST. MARTIN PARISH:
There will be sand bags available for residents of upper St. Martin Parish beginning at 1:00 p.m. today until 6:00 p.m. today, and from 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. tomorrow until further notice at the following locations:
- South Barn-Off of Capritto Forty Arpent Road
- Ruth Bridge Barn-Ruth Bridge
- City Of Breaux Bridge-Old DOTD site located at the corner of Refinery and Berard Street
Please bring a shovel and be prepared to fill your own sandbags.
UPDATE: Sandbags will be distributed to residents of St. Martin Parish from 7:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 27, at the following two locations ONLY:
- City of Breaux Bridge- Old DOTD site, located at the corner of Refinery and Berard Street
- The St. Martin Parish Public Safety Complex, located at 4870 Main Hwy. (corner of Main Hwy. and Cypress Island Extension)
ST. MARY PARISH:
Sandbags for St. Mary residents are available at the following locations. Please bring your own shovel to bag the sand.
- Hanson Barn in Garden City located at 10905 A LA Highway 182 E
- Bayou Vista barn located at 2717 LA Highway 182 near the water tower near the Berwick town limits
- Amelia under the LA Highway 182 bridge
- Four Corners Fire Station
- Chitimacha Fire Station
Sand and bags for Franklin residents will be available in front of the Public Works Complex, 1300 Iberia Street after 1:00 PM today. Residents will have to fill their own bags. Please bring a shovel.
If the public has questions, call Public Works at 337-828-6348 or City Hall at 337-828-6305, 337-828-6303, or 337-828-6310.
Sand and bags are available at the fire station across the tracks on the corner of Veterans Blvd. and Progresso Road. More will be made available after lunch on Friday at the Public Works Department located on Taft St. across from Hattie A. Watts Elementary School. Bring your own shovel.
The Vermilion Parish Police Jury has sand and bags at all parish barns. Bring your own shovel, and you must fill your own bags. Each resident can have up to 12 bags, and residents should bring a picture ID with your parish address on it.
The Village of Maurice has sand and bags available for citizens. The sand is located at the City Hall complex at 115 Corrine St. Citizens are asked to bring their own shovel to fill the bags.
- Public Works Barn: 2211 Leonie Street, Abbeville, 70510
- Area II Barn: 12002 Calvin Lebouef Road, Abbeville, 70510
Sandbags for Abbeville City residents will be available at the City Barn, located at 1811 Godchaux. There will be delivery available to the elderly and disabled; proof of residence is required.
- Area I Barn: 13115 Mack Switch Road, Erath, 70533
- Area III Barn: 29429 Veterans Memorial Drive, Gueydan, 70528
- Area IV Barn: 13531 Gladu Road, Kaplan, 70510