Help With A Federal Agency
If you cannot get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Please note, the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. Residents of Louisiana's 3rd District can contact my offices to request an authorization form. Once my staff receives the completed form, we can provide assistance in dealing with Federal agencies.
Please be prepared to provide all pertinent information and claim numbers when completing an authorization form —such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if an individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number, and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.
Please contact the district office closest to your home address if my office can assist you.
600 Jefferson Street, Ste 808
Lafayette, LA 70501
Lake Charles Office