Military Academy Nominations
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review the page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Service Academy Nomination.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies:
- U.S. Military Academy (USMA) in West Point, NY;
- U.S. Naval Academy (USNA) in Annapolis, MD;
- U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) in Colorado Springs, CO;
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA) in Kings Point, NY.
- The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) in New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
Congressman Higgins may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to our district. The deadline to apply for a service academy nomination is October 27, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Jerod Prunty in our Lafayette office, email@example.com or (337) 703-6105.
To request a service academy nomination from our office, please complete the form below. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. service academies and serving our country.
The application period for 2017 has ended. Please check back later this year for information about the 2018 application process.