Military Academy Nominations
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review the page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Service Academy Nomination.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies:
- U.S. Military Academy (USMA) in West Point, NY;
- U.S. Naval Academy (USNA) in Annapolis, MD;
- U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) in Colorado Springs, CO;
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA) in Kings Point, NY.
- The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) in New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
The deadline to apply for a service academy nomination is November 1, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact our Lafayette office at (337) 703-6105.
How to Apply:
- Click here to download an application form.
- Print and complete the application package.
- Gather all required supporting materials, including an official high school transcript, ACT/SAT scores, at least three letters of recommendation, a one-page resume, and a short essay (500-750 words).
- Submit your completed application and all supporting materials.
- Return by hand or mail to Office of Congressman Clay Higgins; 600 Jefferson Street, Ste 808; Lafayette, LA 70501