Higgins Speaks in Support of National Police Week
During a week where the U.S. House of Representatives voted on significant legislation to honor and protect law enforcement officers, Congressman Higgins took to the House floor to commemorate National Police Week and vocalize support for the men and women of the Thin Blue Line.
"These men and women behind the badge arise each day and serve each night, as we work, and as we slumber - sure to face danger unknown, certain to face enemies unseen, and sometimes to be completely unappreciated," said Rep. Higgins on the House floor. "But this week, we recognize them, we celebrate them. And to my brothers and sisters of the Thin Blue Line, please hear that your support within this body is unwavering and shall not falter."
The House passed a number of bills designed to assist law enforcement officers with new resources, training, and protections as they serve and safeguard their communities.
- H.R. 510 - Rapid DNA Act of 2017
- H.R. 1616 - Strengthening State & Local Cyber Crime Fighting Act of 2017
- H.R. 1428 - American Law Enforcement Heroes Act of 2017
- H.R. 1892 - Honoring Hometown Heroes Act
- H.R. 115 - Thin Blue Line Act
- H.R. 1039 - Probation Officer Act of 2017